There are so many terms for cannabis or hemp products that picking one for your well-being can be a real head-scratcher! Hemp oil, CBD oil, Hemp seed oil - what is the difference? And how do we know which ones have the most advantages for our needs?
In our previous blog, ‘Hemp Oil vs. Hemp Seed Oil', we covered the key differences between the two varieties. In this one, we will dive into further depths to uncover which one is better for particular health disorders. Hemp oil is often used synonymously with CBD oil, but there are also instances of people using hemp oil when referencing hemp seed oil. In these articles, we will be replacing CBD oil with hemp oil only - although there are different CBD oils too - which we will cover in this article!
Significant Differences Between Hemp Seed Oil & CBD Oil
How Cannabis Oils Are Made
Both hemp seed oil and CBD oil are sourced from the Cannabis sativa or hemp plant. They both contain the cannabinoid responsible for the oil’s health benefits - CBD or cannabidiol. However, the quantities and effects differ because the two types are extracted from different parts of the plant.
Hemp seed oil is extracted from the hemp plant seeds through a cold-pressing process. CBD oil is extracted from any part of the plant except the root - which includes the stem, leaves, and flowers. The oil is taken out with the help of carrier oils, such as vegetable oils, coconut-derived oils, olive oils, and more. The amount of CBD in the oil is then delicately adjusted according to its use case. There are also different types of CBD oils - full-spectrum CBD oils, broad-spectrum CBD oils, and CBD isolate.
- Full-spectrum cannabis extracts contain most cannabinoids that are found in the hemp plant. It can have a permissible level of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol - usually below 0.3%. Hemp seed oils contain negligible amounts of THC as well.
- Broad-spectrum cannabis oils do not contain THC but have many other beneficial compounds.
- CBD isolate is made to contain CBD alone, without any of the hemp plant's other naturally-occurring compounds.
How hemp seed oils and CBD oils act on the body is quite distinctive, although it is crucial to note that both are not recreational products. Both hemp seed oils and CBD oils are meant to improve the quality of life.
Hemp seed oil is mainly used as a nutritional supplement since it is jam-packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. So basically, what it does is it maintains balance in the body and keeps the already running systems running smoothly. Hemp seed oils have an overall and branching therapeutic effect. It is like consuming a bunch of incredible superfoods!
CBD oils, or rather the CBD in them interacts with the endocannabinoid system or ECS in our bodies. The ECS, in turn, works with many other systems in our body, such as the nervous, digestive, and cardiovascular systems. For those wondering why full-spectrum cannabis oils include such low levels of THC, research has the answer. THC and CBD combine to produce even better effects on the endocannabinoid system. This is also called the “entourage effect”!
How hemp seed oil and hemp oils are consumed are slightly different too. Hemp seed oils have a nutty flavor - making them perfect to add to your diet. CBD oil must be regulated - so only a few drops under the tongue will do the trick (or as prescribed). Be sure to consult an Ayurvedic doctor before you purchase full-spectrum cannabis oils likeCannaBliss from India Hemp Organics.
Benefits Of Hemp Seed Oil Vs. CBD Oil
The benefits of hemp seed oil and CBD oil can overlap in mental wellness and lifestyle disorders like PCOS. However, there are some areas where one has the upper hand.
Hemp seed oils have broad benefits for health, but some of the main benefits are listed below.
- Healthy fats such as omega-3s, 6s, and antioxidants promoteheart health.
- Hemp seed oils are filled withgut-friendly fiber that promote digestive health.
- It offers benefits forskin andhairbecause of its healthy fats, antioxidants, and antimicrobial properties.
- Hemp seed oil is known to reduce inflammation and regulates the immune system.
CBD oils, such as full-spectrum cannabis oils, have benefits specific to the ECS. The main areas of impact for CBD oils are given below.
- CBD is known to reduce inflammation and regulate the immune system.
- CBD is used to relieve painby changing the way pain moderators affect us.
- The study of CBD forsleep and anxietydisorders had fewer side effects than traditional therapies.
- CBD can be extremely beneficial foraddictsovercoming toxic relationships with dangerous substances.
- It has also been proven to support symptoms ofneurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cannabis oils containing CBD can be used to hydrate the skin and prevent acne with its anti-inflammatory powers.
Which One Do You Choose?
Now that you know the difference between hemp seed oil and CBD oil, you will be able to decipher which one is better for you, if not both! When it comes to specific health problems like the ones listed above, full-spectrum oils may have more focused benefits. If you are looking for a health boost in general or if you have a broader problem, hemp seed oils could be sufficient. Either way, both oils have plenty to offer for attaining a balanced life. Sounds good, right? Now, all that is left is for you to make the change your lifestyle needs today with the hemp range from India Hemp Organics.