Fibromyalgia is a disease characterized by intense and widespread muscular pain, stiffness, and tenderness. The real cause of the pain is unknown and unidentified. Patients usually try OTC medications and a variety of other treatments in tandem for pain relief and cure.
Fibromyalgia which is also known as fibromyalgia syndrome or fibromyositis or fibrositis is characterized by chronic pain that is moving in nature. Some symptoms include fatigue, psychological distress, stiffness and tenderness throughout the body, and mood swings.
In this case, the fibromyalgia pain is ranging from moderate to severe. Generally, fibromyalgia in women gets aggravated during the menstrual cycle. It is also associated with IBS.
The condition is idiopathic and starts with Agni Mandya (when digestive fire gets debilitated ) and there is ama formation in the body. Ama can be correlated to toxins that move all over the body and get lodged in the joints causing pain, stiffness, and other symptoms.
- Age: 49-year-old female
- Patient-reported chronic body pain, especially on the left side of the body.
- The pain was especially felt in the shoulder, neck, left arm, and legs.
- Pain score of 8 to 10.
- Diagnosed fibromyalgia.
- The patient had tried allopathic medication with no improvement in pain.
- The allopathic medication had the side effect of gastritis.
- Patient-reported irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with gas.
- There were also reports of disturbed sleeping patterns, fatigue use, and severe mood swings.
- Due to the pain and other symptoms, she was unable to do basic activities and household work.
The following treatment plan was prescribed to ease the pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- CannaBliss Pain Relief 5 % oil - 1 ml twice a day sublingually. She started by taking 5 drops after breakfast and dinner for the first three days and gradually increased the dose. There was pain relief while taking 1 ml twice a day. So the same dosage continued for the next 30 days.
Diet Changes Advised:
- Avoid raw food. Take boiled vegetable soups or boiled salad.
- Avoid junk food, alcohol, and a heavy diet, especially at night
- Use only warm water for drinking and taking a bath.
- Avoid exposure to cold wind/ sitting directly opposite to AC
- Rest is advised
Here are the observations after a month of treatment with CannaBliss Pain Relief:
- Pain score came down between 2 and 4.
- Improved sleep cycle
- Regulated bowel movements
- Reduced menstrual pain
- Reduced moods swings and irritability
- Feeling of lightness in the body
As modern medicine has a limited role in the management of fibromyalgia symptoms and pain. Patients can use CBD instead of pain medications which can manage their symptoms better with fewer side effects. It has strong anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, as well as the ability to influence brain chemistry, effectively curing stress, anxiety, and IBS which are the main symptoms seen in the patients.
Ayurveda has effective treatment modalities that give good relief to patients suffering from fibromyalgia. Ayurvedic treatments start with detoxification (ama pachana) and hence cure the pain.
Panchakarma (the fivefold detox therapy) is advised by Ayurvedic doctors in patients suffering from fibromyalgia pain. The Vijaya (cannabis Sativa) extract oil is a full spectrum medical cannabis oil that contains more amounts of CBD (cannabidiol) and trace amounts of THC in it. This gives an entourage effect to cure pain and cure psychological symptoms.