- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, for serving
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Hemp Hearts, for dressing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than al dente, about 9 minutes or according to package instructions. Reserve 2 cups of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic just begins to turn light golden-brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat if the pasta is not ready.
- Add the pasta water to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and toss continuously until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the parsley and add the the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topping with plenty of grated cheese, hemp seed oil and hemp hearts. Enjoy :)